Refugee Cash Assistance

The Refugee Cash Assistance (RCA) Program helps refugees by providing cash and medical assistance (Refugee Medical Assistance program) during their first eight months in the U.S. Who is eligible: Persons who entered the United States with an immigration status that allows them to receive refugee benefits are eligible for RCA and RMA benefits as long as they meet other eligibility requirements. Eligible immigration statuses are: Refugee, Conditional Entrant, Asylee, Amerasian, Cuban-Haitian entrant, Certified as a victim of trafficking and their eligible family members; Special Immigrant from Iraq or Afghanistan and their eligible family members. If you have questions about whether or not you meet refugee status requirements, a staff member can help you. Or you can read more at To be eligible for RCA you must: Provide documents issued by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) verifying your immigration status and date of arrival into the U.S. Provide the name of the voluntary agency (VOLAG) which resettled you Meet immigration status requirements Meet work and training requirements Meet income and resource requirements
Washington State Department of Social and Health Services Economic Services Administration (DSHS ESA)
20311 52nd Ave W Suite 100, Lynnwood, WA 98036
(877) 501-2233